How to Apply to be on the National Council
Are you looking for an opportunity to assume a leadership position on the national level that reflects your current interest in the Honor Societies? If so, positions on the NHS & NJHS National Council may be what you’re looking for.
- Members of the NHS & NJHS National Council must be advisers or principals currently employed in a middle level or high school (including K-12, K-8, etc.)
- The school must currently maintain an active chapter of NHS or NJHS and do so throughout the council member’s three-year term of office
- Council members must be able to attend the National Council meeting held on a weekend in the spring (March or April) of each year
- Council members should have experience in Honor Society activities in their school and in their state association (where available).
- Advisers must have at least three (3) years’ experience as a chapter adviser.
- Principals must be active members of NASSP (the National Association of Secondary School Principals).
Vacancies: Open positions for the National Council FY14.
For the 2013-2014 school year, positions are open for the following:
- Region 3: Principal
- At-Large Principal (any region)
Applications are available online (see link below). The current application deadline for these positions is October 1, 2013. The October deadline is intended to allow the NASSP Board of Directors the opportunity to approve the new council member at the board's November meeting. The new member will begin his/her term upon approval by the NASSP board.
For more specific information, download the appropriate application form below:
If you have any questions, please contact Associate Director David Cordts by phone, 800-253-7746, extension 328, or email, email@example.com, at the national office.