Whether you’re a new adviser or one who has led your chapter for many seasons, a new school year brings a fresh start for the chapter. The National Honor Societies have an array of resources to help you bolster your leadership and support your student members—no matter what you face in the coming year.
Adviser Resource Center
The Adviser Resource Center is your go-to place for every aspect of chapter management, with tips and guidelines for member selection, member induction, project planning, a sponsorship toolkit for soliciting local businesses for assistance, and more! Visit www.nhs.us/arc and www.njhs.us/arc. And the NASSP Customer Care Center is always just a quick email or phone call away at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or 800-253-7746.
Adviser Webinar Series
Our webinar series exclusively for advisers has sessions on all aspects of chapter management. Bookmark these upcoming dates in the fall, and stay up to date on all planned webinars for the year at www.nhs.us/adviser-webinar-series.
- September 14: “NHS Scholarship (Advisers)”—An overview for NHS advisers about the NHS Scholarship application process.
- October 7: “Honor Society Chapter Management—Selection Policies”—An introduction to the national policies and requirements for handling the selection of NHS and NJHS members.
- October 13: “Advocacy as Service”—Simple ways to introduce advocacy at your school to help students drive positive change.
- November 1: “National Honor Society and the Law”—General guidance on issues of student conduct, selection, dismissal, and discipline pertaining to NHS and NJHS.
- November 9: “Raising Student Voice and Participation (RSVP) in Your School Community”—Student leadership experts outline what student voice is, how to capture it, and how to use it to start making a meaningful impact in your school.
Adviser Online Community
Whatever situations you may face as an adviser, it helps to have peers who understand what you’re going through. Connect with advisers from around the world in the Adviser Online Community (http://community.nassp.org), and find a network of practicing advisers who can relate to your experiences. Share advice, bounce ideas, and gain feedback that will help you better guide your chapter, build your professional network, and keep the conversation going all year long.