Your highest-achieving students aren’t just leaders in the making: They are already respected role models in their learning community. With a National Honor Society (NHS) chapter at your school, you give these students a place where they can hone their leadership skills—and get the recognition they’ve earned.
More Than an Honor Roll
And while NHS student membership is the true mark of academic achievement, it goes far beyond a report card. All student members must also reflect the program’s respective pillars to be inducted—ideals such as scholarship, service, leadership, and character—and they must continue demonstrating these pillars within their community throughout their membership.
Tools for Their Future
An NHS chapter brings with it exclusive tools and resources for your students that not only help them in their endeavors as NHS members, but leave a lasting impact on them as active citizens with long-term goals. With NHS, you unlock:
- Service Mindset and Action. NHS advisers and verified member students get unlimited access to service planning templates and resources, including nearly 10,000 project ideas in the National Student Project Database. This creates a “give back” mindset and weaves continued service into the everyday of a learning community.
- College and Career Readiness Webinar Series. Live webinars on the college admission planning process give student members and their parents access to valuable advice directly from admissions experts.
- #Futuready Leadership Development. These online modules help NHS students prepare for the future, providing support to build skills such as empathy, critical thinking, and leadership.
- NHS Scholarship. Each year, $2 million dollars are awarded to 600 deserving student members, with the national winner taking home $25,000 to help them achieve their higher education dreams.
- Badges of Honor. NHS students can receive a digital badge that will boost their college applications, LinkedIn profiles, and more.