Since 1946, more than $15 million in scholarships has been awarded to outstanding NHS senior members. The scholarship program is supported by the parent organization of NHS, the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP).
Applications are now being accepted for the 2019–20 NHS Scholarship!
How to Apply
- Senior members of an active NHS chapter who are in good standing are eligible to apply for an NHS Scholarship.
- NHS Members must first create a student account before they can access the NHS Scholarship application.
- Their NHS adviser must verify the student’s membership before the student can begin the application. Applicants should not log into the application until the verification process is complete.
- Verified NHS members may start the NHS Scholarship application. Click HERE to access the NHS Scholarship Application after your membership has been verified.
- All applications require two recommendations, and certification by the NHS adviser in order to be considered complete. Incomplete applications are not evaluated.
11:59 pm PST on December 6, 2019
The student portion of the application is due.
11:59 pm PST on December 10, 2019
All recommendations (two) and adviser certification is due.
View detailed information in the NHS Scholarship Application Guides:
2019-2020 Award Distribution
- 1 National Winner – $25,000 scholarship
- 24 national finalists – $5,625 scholarship
- 575 national semifinalists – $3,200 scholarship
- Total scholarships awarded: 600
- Total scholarship distribution: $2 million
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
All NHS members also have access to NHS Scholar Dollars, a scholarship search tool powered by College Board. This tool expedites the scholarship search process, offering filtered results based on the four pillars of NHS: scholarship, service, leadership, and character. Use the tool at www.nhs.us/scholardollars.