Since 1946, the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP) has awarded more than $21 million in scholarships to outstanding NHS seniors. This year, we are awarding $2 million in scholarships to 600 students. Each year, scholarship recipients are selected based on their demonstration of the four pillars of NHS: Scholarship, Service, Leadership, and Character. Check out the information below and apply today!
3 Steps to Apply
- September 19, 2022: Application opens
- EXTENDED until December 1, 2022 at 11:00 a.m (ET): Submission deadline
- March 2023: Applicants receive notifications
- April 2023: Trailblazing Leadership Week, All-expense paid trip to DC for top 25 scholarship finalists and their advisers
To be eligible, a student must be:
- A high school senior expecting to receive a high school diploma during the current academic year.
- An active member in good standing of a National Honor Society chapter, meeting all membership requirements and obligations of the local chapter.
- An NHS student account holder, verified by the NHS chapter adviser.
- Planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. college or university.
Note: There are no limits to the number of applicants per chapter.
Applying for the NHS Scholarship
September 29, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. (EST)
This year’s National Honor Society Scholarship application is open from September 19 through November 30. Join our team for a review of the application process and components. Students, parents, advisers, school counselors, and principals are all invited to attend and learn more. Register here.
“The NHS Scholarship is one of the best opportunities available to high school students. The NHS Trailblazing Leadership Week was the most transformative experience I have ever had. I encourage anybody who is eligible to apply. This is not an opportunity you want to miss!“ – Swetha Pendela, 2022 NHS Scholarship Finalist
Learn more about the 2022 NHS Scholarship winners.