Since 1946, more than $19 million in scholarships has been awarded to outstanding NHS senior members. The scholarship program is supported by the parent organization of NHS, the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP).
The 2021–22 NHS Scholarship application process will open on Friday, October 1. Eligible senior NHS members must have a verified NHS student account in order to apply for the scholarship. Learn more about student accounts, review our FAQs and review the Application Guides below to familiarize yourself with the application process.
- NHS Scholarship Student webinar: Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 7 p.m. (ET). Download PowerPoint Deck
- NHS Scholarship application process opens: Friday, October 1, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. (ET).
- NHS Scholarship deadline: Wednesday, December 1, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. (ET)
- Award selection notification: April 2022 (nonrecipients will be notified after the acceptance deadline).
- Scholarship acceptance or deferral request deadline: June 1, 2022
- Scholarship disbursement: Early August 2022.
1 National Winner – $25,000 scholarship
24 national finalists – $5,625 scholarship
575 national semifinalists – $3,200 scholarship
Total scholarships awarded: 600
Total 2021 scholarship distribution: $2 million
Additional Scholarship Information:
The National Honor Society is committed to helping students achieve their secondary education goals, and provides the following resources to students and their families to help with the planning process.
Prepare for College from the Comfort of your Home Computer
NHS and NJHS members have exclusive access to an annual college readiness webinar series, featuring leading experts on a variety of topics.
You can visit the College Greenlight and College Board Big Future sites for comprehensive free information and also peruse NASSP’s Approved Contests, Activities list.
Search for Additional Scholarships